Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Sister

My Sister

She knows the things I dream of,
the places that I've been,
she accepts the person I've become,
she's a very special friend.
She's always been there for me
no matter where I roam,
and whenever we're together,
it's just like being home.

I had a marvelous time visiting Nicole and her family last weekend. I love being with my sister. She is mine!! It's hard to explain the deep connection I have with her. She is always in my heart. I like the last line of this poem because that is how I feel about her. I love you Nicole.

2 comments:

Jen said...

There is nothing that quite compares to a sister...it truly is like being home. What a lovely poem. I'm so happy to hear you were able to visit with Nicole and had a wonderful time! Blessings!

Nicole Dyk said...

I love you too Amouse - more than words could ever say. You are the best! We are still enjoying all the food. Tonight roast in the crock pot. Chris said with enthusiasm as I prepared the roast this morning "Grrrrreat, I LOVE roast!!"