Saturday, August 29, 2009

End of Summer

Last day of Summer Vacation together at Bates Nut Farm
Luau day at Camp Calvin- my Hawaiian Kids

Nick and Lauren at San Elijo State Beach

Sea World




I love sitting around drinking coffee on a Saturday morning! With nothing that needs to be done until Nick's soccer game this afternoon. It feels great to just have some time to myself. Lauren's off running, Nick is playing video games, and Brynn is playing with her dolls in her room. I think we all are enjoying doing our own stuff.
Nick and Brynn are back in school and loving it already. They both have awesome teachers. As they are getting older I am trying to let go a little more and let them experience their own lives. It feels awesome to know that the other people influencing their lives are people who love God. It makes it worth all that tuition money. They come home talking about values and ideas from their teachers that I love to hear them understand. They are learning to be servants, and already looking out for the underdog. My biggest hopes and dreams for them are to be true lovers of God.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sweet photos, Amy. Looks like you all had a wonderful summer. And I agree that the most important thing for our children is to love God and following him by being servants. Praise the Lord. My love to you and your family!