Sunday, October 12, 2008

October Days

So I'm having a hard time figuring out what to write. We found out some not great news concerning my sister Nicole. She's been having different symptoms over the past few months that finally led to her having an MRI done. It looks like she may have multiple schlerosis. She is such a positive and beautiful person. I am so proud to call her my sister. I know that she will continue to live a full and rich life, she is just that kind of girl. I am going out to visit a week from Thursday. I can't wait to see her and Kevin and the boys. I ask for your prayers for her, for her health and happiness.



We had a beautiful day today up in Julian, CA. It is a neat historic town in the mountains about an hour from here. It's apple season, and we took the kids to an orchard near there to pick apples. When we got home, Brynn and I made a yummy apple crisp, which made the house smell heavenly. Tasted pretty good too! Brynn loves to help me in the kitchen and she really relishes good things to eat- kinda like her mom that way. I love having her around. She is my little sweetheart. I love this time of year. It was only 65 degrees today, which may not sound that cold to some of you, but after some days last week in the 90's, it feels very "fall-ish." By this time of year, I am ready for summer weather to be OVER.


In the Apple Orchard

Making Apple Crisp

3 comments:

Jen said...

Amy, I was going to write an email, but please know that your sister and family are in our prayers. What a difficult time for them and those of you who find her so precious. It is difficult to understand why the Lord places these trials in our lives, but one intention is for sure and that is that you all look even more closely unto the Lord and wait upon Him. Waiting patiently is excruciating, but the Lord is with you and will give you all the strength you need in the perfect amount needed. With love and prayers, Jen

kim said...

Wow Amy--harsh news! My heart breaks for your family. We will keep Nichole and all of your family in our prayers. I don't see her anymore since we haven't been attending EHills...too bad. I'd love to see you if you have time while you're here (but I'm sure you'll be so busy, don't sweat it.)

Julie B said...

Amy - You and Nichole will be in our thoughts and prayers. Enjoy your visit with her. Julie