Saturday, October 4, 2008

Riding Red

Nick and Red
Amber Roest giving Nick a ride on Red

Brynn mounting Red


Happy Cowgirl
Today we went up to my good friend Amber's place in Valley Center. They live on 5 acres, and Amber is a horse trainer. She let the kids ride her horse, which they were thrilled with. They love going up to Amber and Arlan's because they get to explore and they love the horses. Nick was talking on the way home about Amber and said, "She's like a MAGICAL aminal person!" She feeds birds out of her hand and was letting the kids spread birdseed around the property. She is such a free spirit, and truly a natural person. Brynn calls her a cowgirl, and wants to look like her. She was thrilled with the white cowboy boots she recently got. She doesn't ever want me to cut her hair because she wants it to "look like Amber's." Amber is one of those people who is completely comfortable in her own skin.
Lauren and I went out for dinner together tonight without the kids. It was so nice, we really need to do that more often. I miss that. I can't wait for our trip to Maui next month to celebrate our 10 year anniversary... 10 days, just the 2 of us. Hopefully we will not be ready for bed at 9:30 like we often feel like during the week. It's really pathetic how tired I get, after having worked night shift so many years, you'd think I'd be really good at staying up late. I think I'll blame it on the kids- they wear me out!!




1 comment:

Jen said...

The pictures are great, Amy. Your kids are adorable. Thanks for taking the time to start a blog and post.
Love ya,
Jen