Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday at our house

Saturday at the Jongetjes... We have my cousin Kristin visiting us this weekend, which we love. Hope she won't mind a typical weekend day with us, complete with a trip to Chuck E Cheeses, and Nick's soccer game. Hopefully we'll squeeze a little shopping in, and have fun barbequeing and going in the spa tonight.
The other day I was reading a book that talked about how we fill our lives and times with the urgent, not important things, when we really need to focus on the important, not urgent stuff. Do you think that gives me free reign to leave the house and laundry undone? :-) I can go have fun with my kids at the park, or go out with Lauren, or especially to open my bible and actually meditate for awhile. I am so bad at actually just sitting down and spending time in God's presence. I am really trying to not let our family be so over busy that we miss the good stuff about being a family and being humans in God's world.

Here's a little piece of scripture I want to share that really lifts me up:

Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.
(from Psalm 103)

2 comments:

kim said...

Love your thoughts, Amy. Keep it up. What great reminders.
Yes, you absolutely have permission to keep your house a mess and your laundry undone! Dirty, but happy. One of my favorite mottos:)

Michelle said...

I think the layout worked! At least, it looked like it worked. :)